Updated Directives Regarding Archdiocesan Catholic Cemeteries
At this time, we announce the following changes to our cemetery visitation policies:
- On Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 10, all archdiocesan cemeteries and mausoleums (*except Holy Sepulchre Cemetery) will be open for visitation from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and will be open for visitation every Sunday, thereafter. *Holy Sepulchre Cemetery will open from 8am-3pm on Sundays.
- Beginning on Monday, May 11, up to 10 family members will be permitted to attend a burial service.
- Until further notice, all committal services are limited to immediate family only and not to exceed the recommendations of New Jersey Executive Order No. 107 (2020) and Administrative Order 2020-04, that gatherings of 10 persons or fewer are permitted.
- Beginning on Monday, May 18, cemetery and mausoleum visitation will be permitted weekdays, Monday through Saturday, from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., at all locations (*except Holy Sepulchre Cemetery) after all interments are completed. *Beginning Monday, May 18, Holy Sepulchre will open Monday through Saturday, from 1pm-3pm after all interments are completed.
- Memorial Day Masses at our all archdiocesan cemeteries are postponed until further notice. Announcements are forthcoming regarding a live-stream or video of Memorial Day Mass at Holy Cross Cemetery.
We encourage you to continue to monitor our website at www.rcan.org/covid19 for archdiocesan announcements and updates.